What is Women’s Group Therapy?
The Counseling Center at Cinco Ranch provides group therapy for women. During group, women will process challenges, learn techniques and skills, and relate to other women. Furthermore, group therapy provides a safe, stable, and supportive environment.
Women’s group therapy brings together women who struggle with similar challenges. It provides a space for women to connect with one another. Group members will also learn beneficial skills from an experienced therapist. In addition, group therapy is a great supplement to individual therapy.
How Is Women’s Group Therapy Beneficial?
Group therapy allows for women to feel support from others and realize that they are not alone in their experiences. Processing with others within the group allows for a range of perspectives and a chance for members to feel validated, encouraged and supported.
Group is also a great way to meet others, bond, and form connections. It can fill a void where many women are often feeling lonely. Members of this group have reported many benefits including:
- improved self-esteem and confidence
- gained knowledge and understanding of depression and anxiety
- improved communication
- improved coping skills and so much more!
Topics Covered in Women’s Group Therapy
Groups are a combination of process and psycho-education. Grief and trauma will be discussed on a psycho-educational level to understand what happens to the mind and body during these times. Women will be educated on healthy emotional, physical, verbal, and financial boundaries. Women will also be able to identify which boundaries are important to them and how to set those boundaries. Topics covered include:
- Difficult life transitions, such as divorce and loss
- Relationships (healthy vs. unhealthy)
- Managing conflicts and how to use healthy communication skills
- Disorders, such as anxiety and depression- members will learn to understand what they are experiencing
- Self-esteem, confidence and self-worth
- Coping and grounding skills
Women will gain knowledge of their unique skills, talents and attributes in order to improve their view of themselves.
Need More Details?
Groups are held on Sunday mornings, every other week. Our practice is taking all necessary safety precautions for Covid-19. We are holding groups in a large conference room to allow for social distancing. In addition, all attendees will wear masks coming in and out of groups and hand sanitizer will be available.
Groups will be led by Janelle Schlueter, LPC, NCC, CCTP
Begin Group Therapy in Katy, TX Today!
If you are struggling and want to connect with other women, contact us today. The counselors at the Counseling Center at Cinco Ranch are trained in a range of treatment approaches. We help women dealing with all types of issues. If you are ready to seek help, follow these steps:
- Contact our office to set up an appointment or to get more information about the Women’s Group Therapy or any other services.
- Meet with one of our compassionate therapists
- Begin learning new ways of thinking and coping through group therapy!
Other Therapy Services We Offer
Here at The Counseling Center at Cinco Ranch we offer counseling services for people of all ages including: women’s issues, trauma counseling, couples and marriage counseling, eating disorder treatment, counseling for kids, counseling for young adults, teen counseling, depression treatment, anxiety therapy, and men’s issues. To learn more about our therapists and our counseling services, please reach out to the Counseling Center today!