I feel trapped in overdrive. I’m on edge, irritable, and ready to snap.
I can’t concentrate and am confused. Also, I feel very overwhelmed.
Sometimes, I have nightmares and flashbacks of the trauma I experienced.
Often, I avoid situations or reminders of the traumatic event.
I might be suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, or depression.
Trauma is a reaction to a distressing event or events.
There are many different kinds of traumatic events. Some examples of distressing events could be a divorce, losing a job, dealing with the death of a loved one, surviving a car accident, military combat, a natural disaster, or being assaulted.
Trauma is a unique experience. While two people can go through the same event, they may respond differently and they could experience different symptoms. Additionally, after surviving or witnessing a severely traumatic or life-threatening event, some survivors develop symptoms of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Common Symptoms of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Include:
- Intrusive thoughts including memories of the event, nightmares, and flashbacks
- Memory loss or trouble concentrating
- Avoiding people, places, or things that remind you of the traumatic event
- Hyperarousal: trouble sleeping or being quick to startle or anger
- Mood changes: depression, anxiety, feeling emotionally numb, lack of interest in things you used to enjoy
- Behavioral changes including self-destructive behavior, aggression, and hostility
What to Expect in Trauma Treatment
Some of the approaches that your trauma therapist may use to treat the trauma symptoms include:
If you have experienced trauma and are struggling, there is hope!
Begin Trauma Treatment in Katy, TX
If you are ready to find healing after surviving or witnessing a traumatic event, we can help. Our therapists are available to being trauma treatment and help you regain peace in your life. To begin counseling in the Houston, TX area, please follow these steps:
- Contact our counseling clinic to set up an appointment,
- Meet with a compassionate trauma therapist or Certified Clinical Trauma Professional,
- Begin counseling and find peace and healing!